Motivate You – DIsability Fitness Program
Motivate You was is a multi-award winning professional business that specialises in working with People with Disabilities. Our programs are planned, structured, modified and customised to people with disabilities. Safety and injury prevention are also at the cornerstone of our philosophy and practice.
Motivate You was established in 2007, by Ariel Gonzalez who worked in the disability field for 20 years. Ariel witnessed the poor health outcomes and options for people with disabilities. With qualifications in Psychology and Fitness, Ariel researched and developed a unique and specific program that incorporates nutrition and exercises based on the person and their disability.
Motivate You has partnerships with a number of Disability Service Providers across a variety of programs including Accommodation, Day Programs, Flexible Respite and Individually-funded packages.
To promote Healthy Lifestyles to Agencies, Staff and People with Disabilities; providing quality and enjoyable exercise/physical activity options. Our Programs aim at addressing Obesity through a “Preventative Health” Approach.
• “Fun-Fit” Program. This program is delivered mainly in small groups by highly trained and experienced Personal Trainers in disability services.
• Individual Fitness Programs – This Program is delivered to individuals with significant health support needs.
• Activity & Nutrition Seminars and Workshops- Aimed at educating service users and support staff in the most appropriate nutrition and exercise options for people with disabilities
• Healthy Lifestyles Programs – A comprehensive program where support staff and service users learn and practically apply the knowledge including meal planning, reading shopping labels, food preparation and exercise.
• Consultancy service- A program where the management and support staff are provided the highest quality tools, systems and coaching to lay the foundations for success.
• Professional Keynote Speaking
• Online Fitness Equipment
• Affiliated Services- Massage, Relaxation and Meditation for People with Disabilities, Music Therapy.
• Aged- Care Programs
• Programs for People with a Mental illness
How many people can participate per session?
The average number is between 8-12, though we have had larger groups.
Do your programs cater for all disabilities?
Yes, our programs are tailored in order to suit each individual need. We work with people with physical disabilities such as cerebral palsy, acquired brain injury, quadrapelia, paraplegia. We also work with all other disability types such as Down’s Syndrome, Autism, and as well as people with a mental illness.
How do people with Disabilities Benefit from your Programs?
• Health Benefits: Avoiding obesity and all the associated health risks, including Type 2 Diabetes, high blood pressure, joint pressure, breathing difficulties, digestive disorders, sleep apnoea, urinary incontinence.
• Psychological Benefits: Reducing the risk of Psychological problems, such as depression, poor self esteem, negative self image, discrimination
• Social benefits. Reducing the risk of social isolation.
• Increased strength: cardiovascular health, and flexibility.
• Move more freely, live longer, and better general well-being.
• Programs are Person-Centered.
• Programs are measurable and outcome- based.
What we are NOT about?
• Running “one –size fits all” Programs
• Running UNSAFE sessions
• Ignoring the needs of the Clients or the Organisation.
What if I’m already running my own exercise/fitness program?
Are you implementing a program, which is safe and suitable? Have you considered the legalities? Are you qualified to develop and implement your program? What Training have your staff had in implementing your program? There are various issues that you may have not taken into consideration! Risk Assessments, Safety and Injury prevention, Individual Client Assessments and Varied Fitness Options are just some factors in which Motivate You have expertise.
Reasons to use Motivate You Fitness & Personal Training-
• We are passionate about healthy outcomes for People with Disabilities
• Our trainers have extensive experience in working with People with Disabilities
• Our Programs are Safe.
• Programs are based on the latest research and recommendations
• We were named Winners, from 4500 nominations, in the 2011 NSW Telstra Business Award
• We were Finalists for Fitness Australia’s 2010 Fitness Business of the Year
• Our Programs are flexible and adaptable to organisations and clients
• We address systemic issues, instead of just “training”
• We have a strong educative focus
• Programs are fun!
• We take the hard work out of designing a program, saving you valuable time and money